ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
OVERVIEW | En Español |
If English is not your native language and you wish to improve your reading, writing and speaking skills, our English as a Second Language program is the place to start.* Learning English is a step in the right direction to reaching your academic and professional goals.
Improved English language skills will help you in all aspects of daily life, including
• Communicating with school officials and teachers
• Communicating with your employer
• Career advancement
• Personal, educational and professional growth
Our flexible comprehensive program offers five levels of instruction in Oral Communications, Grammar, and Reading & Writing and allows you to accelerate to a higher level whenever you are ready. High intermediate and advanced ESL courses can be counted as foreign language/humanities electives toward graduation.
*EAST CONN offers an ESL program for true beginners who do not place in one of our lower levels (see link at right).
PROGRAM OF STUDY
Oral Communications III
Oral Communications IV
Oral Communications V
WHO TAKES ESL CLASSES?
There are many reasons that people decide to take ESL classes:
• To meet daily communication needs
• To strengthen their English language skills
• To become employed
• To become more successful in a job
• For a job promotion
• For getting involved in their children's education
• For interacting in their community
• To practice English with students from other countries
• To develop good study skills
• To pursue of college or university degree
Associate Professor of Spanish
HOW TO CONTACT US