After you receive your acceptance email
SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Official copy of final high school transcript, diploma or GED. Homeschooled students should submit a Homeschool Completion Form after graduation.
• Apply for Financial Aid. Priority deadline is August 1.
• TAKE THE BASIC SKILLS ASSESSMENT & NEW STUDENT WORKSHOP
You will receive your acceptance via Email. Now you need to schedule an appointment for the computerized Basic Skills Assessment (BSA). Danielson: 860-412-7220 or Willimantic Center: 860-423-1824.
The BSA is approximately two hours. Submitting your SAT scores
Danielson students: A brief new student workshop will take place before the BSA. The workshop will include: navigating the QVCC website, logging into the MyCommNet portal, student Email, reviewing your financial aid eligibility & payment options. These will be held in the Advising Center in the West wing.
Additional information on the BSA & sample tests
BSA Waiver form
with one of the two items below:
SAT of ACT Scores
Eligible SAT scores: Critical Reading or Writing = 450 or higher
Math = 500 or higher
Eligible ACT scores: English = 21 or higher
English and Reading = 47 or higher
Math = 18-21
Assessment for placement in higher level mathematics may require testing. Students must provide copies of SAT or ACT test results.
• REGISTER FOR CLASSES
You can register by meeting with an advisor in Advising Services who will help you select appropriate courses. Call 860-412-7266 in Danielson or 860-423-4491 in Willimantic. (Be sure to bring unofficial transcripts for any pre-requisite waivers)
Or you can register online yourself
Willimantic students: QVCC offers the ROSS program that provides additional support to qualified students in the form of designated advisors, mentors, and financial scholarships. There is no additional cost to apply or enroll in these programs. If you would like more information please contact Catherine Gregory or Jose Aponte at 860-423-1824
For the past 12 years the Opportunity for Success (OFS) Program has been offered at both QVCC locations. First generation college students as well as individuals who may benefit from intensive support should contact Sarah Hendrick in Danielson at 860-412-7225 or Catherine Gregory in Willimantic at 860-423-1824 to see if you qualify.
If you have a disability of any type and wish to self-disclose, please contact Jim Grimord, Director of Disability Services at 860-412-7215, Chris Scarborough at 860-412-7286, or John Lepore (Willimantic) at 860-423-4625 to request a Self-Disclosure form. This form is necessary for all learners who request accommodations.
• Pay tuition and fees for your course(s) or make payment arrangements. You must pay at least the "fee" portion of the total cost at the time of registration, or be approved for financial aid. If you register on or after the date when tuition is due in full and have not been approved for financial aid, you must make payment in full or pay fees, sign up for the payment plan and be able to pay the first installment.
• Purchase your textbooks and materials.
• Attend New Student Orientation
• Start Classes, study hard, and have fun!