Transfer Students

Transfer Students
Your first step to Become a QVCC student is to complete an official application to the college.

Online  Application for Admission

To apply online you need:

  1. An Email address
  2. Credit card to pay the application fee of $20 (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)  

    Acceptance correspondence will be via the Email you provide to the college. Future correspondence will be to your  community college Email address

 A  paper application  is available to submit with your $20 application fee by check, cash, or money order.

Transferring College Level Credit to QVCC
An official transfer credit evaluation will be completed only after you have  been accepted and matriculated into the College.

Transfer Credit Evaluation
If you are pursuing a degree at QVCC and interested in receiving credit for previous college experience(s), military experience, or various credits by exam, a sealed, official transcript must be sent to the QVCC Admissions Office. 
Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form.

Transfer credit may be granted for comparable courses completed at accredited colleges and universities in which a student has received a grade of "C-" or better, or with a grade of "P" (pass).

Credit courses will only be accepted for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions will not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages.  Degree credit will be granted for all credit courses that apply to your current degree program or certificate at QVCC. "In Progress" credits cannot be transferred. If you have completed these courses, please send us a final transcript, with the grades received, so that they can be considered for credit.

Graduation Requirement for transfer credits
Regardless of the number of transfer credits that are accepted from other colleges, a student must complete at least twenty-five percent of the minimum credit requirements for their program of study at QVCC to meet our graduation residency requirement.
Up to fifty percent of your degree or certificate program requirements can be nontraditional credits (Credit for Prior Learning/Portfolio Assessment, CLEP, AP, and Military).

Viewing Your Transcript Evaluation
Transcripts are evaluated on a rolling basis. Once evaluated, you may view your transfer credits on myCommNet .
Steps: Login, go to "Student Records" and select "Academic Transcript".

Students who are attending, or have attended, a college or university and are interested in registering at QVCC need only submit proof of prior college coursework (an unofficial transcript) to Advising Services at the time of registration as proof of having met course prerequisites. It is not necessary to submit an official college transcript if a student is not pursuing a degree or certificate program at QVCC.

Academic advisement for course and program selection is available through Advising Services, located in the Student Success Center, C129. Please call 860-932-4008 for more information.

Recognized Colleges or Universities
Based on Board Policy 3.17.1 on transfer credits, colleges and universities must be accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as either a “Regional Accrediting Organization” or a “Specialized and Professional Accrediting Organization”.


QVCC does not evaluate foreign or international credentials. They must be evaluated by a credential evaluation agency. The fee for this service varies with each agency. You may ask the agency to send the results to us, or you may attach the agency’s evaluation to this form. In addition, you must submit an official copy of your transcript(s) to the QVCC Office of Admissions.


Each branch of the military has a different service center holding your training and education records. Upon written request by you, they will send a copy to us. Active Duty and Reserve Sailors and Marines, and Sailors and Marines who separated or retired after October I, 1999, may request their SMART record by calling toll free: 877-253-7122.  Soldiers, reservists, veterans, and members of the Army National Guard should order the ARMY/ACE Registry Transcripting System (AARTS) transcript online or by calling toll free: 866-297-4427. You must submit an official copy of the appropriate education and training record to the QVCC Office of Admissions.


Normally when you register for the test you may indicate colleges to which you wish to have your score results sent. If you did not have them sent to QVCC recently, then you need to request them and mail them to the QVCC Office of Admissions.

Advanced Placement Program
Advanced placement course credits may be granted to entering students on the basis of scores on the College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement Examination. Scores of 4 and 5 are granted degree credit for equivalent courses as determined by academic divisions. A score of 3, 4 or 5 will be accepted for the AP Biology exam. Please visit the college board website for additional information. All score reports must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. For questions pertaining to specific courses, please call the appropriate academic division.

AP Services

P.O. Box 6671
Princeton, NJ 08541-6671
Phone: 609-771-7300 or 888-225-5427


College - Level Examination Program (CLEP)

QVCC follows the credit-granting CLEP scores recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for transfer. An inventory of CLEP exams and credit granting recommendations are available at the college board website. Please visit this website for CLEP testing information and score reports. Students are responsible for having CLEP scores sent to the Office of Admissions for an evaluation if taken at another college.

CLEP Services
P.O. Box 6600
Princeton, NJ 08541-6600
Phone: 800-257-9558
Major credit cards accepted.

Visit us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Find us on Photobucket Contact Us
Copyright Quinebaug Valley Community College
742 Upper Maple Street • Danielson, CT 06239 • (860) 932-4000
729 Main Street • Willimantic, CT 06226 • (860) 336-0900

Copyright Quinebaug Valley Community College