Opportunities start at Quinebaug Valley Community College
• Quality: You will never sit in a 200 student lecture hall at QVCC. Small class sizes are paired with experienced and caring faculty. You will get the individual attention you need to succeed.
• Big Savings: QVCC is the most affordable college education you can get in northeast Connecticut. Complete your first two years of courses at QVCC and save thousands.
• Opportunity: Education is for everyone at QVCC. QVCC has no “typical” student. QVCC draws students from all age ranges including traditional 18-22 year old students, adult learners and seniors. With an age range from 16-92, you are never too old or too young to take a course at QVCC.
• Associate Degrees: Two-year programs (60 credits) in 15 different areas with many options.
• Associate in Arts (AA) degree: Degrees include: Fine Arts (options Graphic Arts or Photography)
• Associate in Science (AS) Degrees include: Accounting, Aviation Maintenance, Business Office Technology:Admin. Assistant, Computer Networking, Computer Services, Early Childhood Education, Engineering, General Studies, Human Services, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Management, Medical Assisting, and Technology Studies (Biomolecular Science, CAD, Construction Technology or Plastics options)
• College of Technology: Leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or technology. After completing the associate degree in Technology Studies or Engineering Science, there are direct transfer options to specific four-year institutions.
• Certificate Programs: More than 20 certificate programs. Designed for direct entry into the workforce in as little as one semester.
• Transfer Agreements: Get your start at QVCC and transfer to a four-year institution and take all your credits with you! Programs include:
• Guaranteed Admissions Program with the University of Connecticut. Students must apply for this before completing their first 15 credits.
• Transfer Compact with Eastern Connecticut State University College of Technology