A Pilot Project in Learning Outcomes Assessment (2004-2005)
Quinebaug Valley Community College is one of twelve colleges in the Connecticut Community College System. It is located in Danielson/Willimantic, in northeastern Connecticut.
The following links are to resources that explain and describe a pilot project currently under way at the college, in conjunction with eLumen Collaborative, toward developing a data-rich program of learning outcomes assessment that is faculty driven and student-focused.
For more information, please contact :Dr. Brian Donohue-Lynch, QVCC Anthropology/Sociology 742 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239 (860) 774-1160 ext. 335 or David Shupe eLumen Collaborative david @elumen.info www.elumen.info A description of the project: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/sacc05/qvelumprod1.html A sample summary report from data in the project database: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/sacc05/reportsum1.html Downloadable PDF files for further information:
- A sample summary report (intended learning achievements only) in PDF format: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/sacc05/report1u.pdf
- An overview of the project: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/sacc05/overview1.pdf
- A comparison chart: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/sacc05/compare2.pdf
- A more detailed comparison chart: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/sacc05/elumencompare3.pdf
- Bloom's Taxonomy: http://www.coun.uvic.ca/learn/program/hndouts/bloom.html
- Cross and Angelo's Classroom Assessment Techniques: http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/assess-1.htm
- Total Quality Principles Applied to Education: http://www.ericdigests.org/1997-4/quality.htm
- Student Centered Teaching and Learning: http://www.apa.org/ed/lcp.html
- Outcomes Assessment Model Developed at QVCC: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/brian/outcomes
- Learning Outcomes Mapped Across the Curriculum: http://www.qvcc.commnet.edu/groups/outcome/index.html