Graduation - May 28, 2015, 6pm
QVCC Danielson Campus
Held Outside in the Richard Berry Amphitheater
- Application Deadlines & Steps
- Ceremony Information
- Pre-graduation Celebration, Tuesday, May 26, 6pm
- QVCC Alumni Association
- Spring 2015 - Application Deadline: April 1, 2015
- Summer 2015 - Application Deadline: June 1, 2015
- Fall 2015 - Application Deadline: November 1, 2015
Effective October 2013, the research paper is no longer a graduation requirement.Steps for Graduation
- Graduation Checklist
- Submit Graduation Application to the Records Office or Willimantic front desk.
- Complete any course substitutions with a faculty member. Course substitution forms are submitted directly by faculty members to the Record's Office.
Communications Regarding Graduation
It is critical that you set up your Microsoft Office 365 college email. Your graduation audits will be sent to this account.
If you plan to participate in the May 2015 ceremony, information regarding caps and gowns, tickets for the ceremony, and general information about the ceremony will be sent to this email address.
The college website will also have the most up-to-date information regarding the ceremony.
To graduate with honors, a student must have earned at QVCC at least 30 of the credits accepted for graduation.
Students with a grade of "I" (Incomplete) are ineligible for graduation honors. Courses taken at other institutions are not included in computing honor status. Graduation honors are:
- Summa Cum Laude or Highest Honors: GPA equal to 3.9 to 4.0
- Magna Cum Laude or High Honors: GPA equal to 3.7 to 3.89
- Cum Laude or Honors: GPA equal to 3.4 to 3.69
The College has a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, a national community college academic honor society; Alpha Beta Gamma, a national community college honor society for business students; and Epsilon Pi Tau, a national honor society for engineering and technology students.
Given each year at commencement, the college makes an award to the degree graduate with the highest academic average with at least 45 credits earned in residence at QVCC. This is known as the President's Award.
Q VCC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Graduation doesn't have to be the end of what we hope will be a lifelong relationship with Quinebaug Valley Community College. Be part of the Alumni Association!