2013 GRADUATION ~
May 30, 2013, 6pm, Danielson campus
Outdoors in the Richard Berry Amphitheater
Audience seating is not available. Outdoor chairs & blankets are recommended.
Caps & Gowns - Pick up & Return
In the Event of Rain
Steps for Graduation
Graduation Application Due Dates
PICK UP OF CAPS & GOWNS: Available starting Tuesday, May 28. For Willimantic students, you must pick-up your cap & gown by Wednesday or it will be returned back to the Danielson bookstore. You will need ID to pick up your gown.
It is best to pick up your cap & gown BEFORE the ceremony and not plan to pick it up on Thursday. Your rain tickets & commemorative invitations will be included with your gown.
RETURNING CAPS & GOWNS: The cap & gown is yours and does not need to be returned.
IN THE EVENT OF RAIN: the ceremony will be held at Killingly High School, 226 Putnam Pike, Dayville, CT 06241 beginning at 6pm. A decision will be made by noon on May 30 if needed and will be posted on the college homepage, on WINY (AM 1350) & the college street sign. You will need to report to the KHS gym no later than 5pm. The pre-graduation celebration will still take place at 4pm in the KHS cafeteria.
If the ceremony is held outside in Danielson, there are NO tickets needed for your family & friends to attend. If the ceremony is being held at Killingly High School due to rain, there will be a TWO ticket limit per graduate for entry into the auditorium. Tickets will be provided to you when you pick up your cap & gown the week of graduation. The ceremony will be broadcast to the KHS cafeteria if you have additional guests.
PRE-GRADUATION RECEPTION: There will be a pre-graduation reception at 4 pm the day of graduation for graduates and their families. Snacks, sweets & drinks will be served. Meet up with members of faculty & staff one last time before you graduate. Also, since you will now be a QVCC alum, hear about the alumni association.
QVCC Alumni Association: Graduation doesn't have to be the end of what we hope will be a lifelong relationship with Quinebaug Valley Community College. Be part of the alumni association.
The spring 2013 deadline has passed
- Summer 2013: June 1, 2013 (2014 Ceremony)
- Fall 2013: November 1, 2013 (2014 Ceremony)
*Graduation Audits will be sent to your Connecticut Community College Student Email.
- Graduation Checklist
- Submit Graduation Application to Student Services or Willimantic front desk. Please complete the application in Blue or Black ink.
- Complete Graduation Paper with faculty member. Completed paperwork can be submitted to Students Services or the Willimantic front desk or by the faculty member. More information concerning the graduation paper is found on the library's website. Graduation papers must be approved by faculty members by December 1 for fall graduation and May 1 for spring graduation and summer graduates eligible to participate in the May 30, 2013 Commencement. Papers are due June 1, 2013 for summer applicants (non-marching).
- Complete any course substitutions with faculty member. Course Substitution forms are submitted directly by faculty members to the registrar's office.