Library Survey 2012 - Results
Results of the 2012 Online Library Survey.
This survey has had 112 responses so far.
Our Users so far:
How often do they use the library:
|There's a library?||1||1%|
What resources do you use from off-campus:
|Internet Sites by Subject||35||32%|
Use a mobile device for research?
| || || |
In general how satisfied are you:
How often do you:
|Check out books:||10%||34%||29%||27%|
|Use library databases:||21%||49%||19%||11%|
|Write a paper:||23%||29%||17%||30%|
|Study by myself:||22%||34%||14%||30%|
|Work on group projects:||10%||33%||19%||38%|
|Check e-mail / Facebook:||24%||25%||19%||33%|
How satisfied are you with each of the following:
| ||Very Satisfied||Satisfied||Dissatisfied||Very Dissatisfied||n/a|
|Finding the books I need:||44%||35%||5%||3%||15%|
|Finding the articles I need:||72%||0%||5%||2%||22%|
|Availability of computers:||46%||33%||4%||0%||18%|
|Library training sessions:||55%||22%||1%||0%||22%|
|Quiet study areas:||56%||0%||8%||4%||31%|
|Group study places:||32%||39%||2%||1%||27%|
|Hours of operation:||68%||0%||12%||4%||16%|
What's important to you:
- Visit classes to review the great things you do and what access is available to students.
- The excellent staff
- The ability to print.
- A friendly face and lots of good books.
- the staff
- Amy, Michael, Sharon, Cheryl and chocolate milk
- The people who oversee the workings of all library departments (seriously!!) You get smiles, quips, and answers to questions that just have to be answered!
- Thing? I think it's the people that work in the Library that are most important.
They are consistently helpful, friendly, and always have the answers. What more could one ask for?
- I love the friendly people who work in the library.
- the computers
- Friendly staff
- Lots of computers with all the programs I need for my classes.
- Great working computers, friendly staff.
- The ability to browse through REAL books.
- The Time of operation
- great reference material (electronic or book source)
- Access to databases and a range of periodicals.
- Databases and expertise of staff.
- The availability of all the resources and staff.
- The Mac computers
- A quiet place to go and do my work!
- further instruction
- The library staff is wonderful and they treat everyone wonderful.
- Book selection, movie selection, and EBSCO.
- The fact their are tutors who are always ready to help.
- An engaging staff whic is being depleted because of budget cuts and over working by the current establishment....Please let the library staff be so that students are not suffering....
- The single most valuable thing that the QV library has to offer is how accessible everything is. Its not hard to find nor does anyone make it complicated for you when you ask a question.
- the access to a library, the friendly staff to offer guidance or advice or expertise, the means to conduct or do my school work ie computer type print a paper
- library instruction by friendly librarians
- Computers and Organization
- Books! And the online databases as well.
- its space is condisive to getting work done.
- a place to discover new 'worlds'...incredible'staff'...a safe place...sanctuary...laughter
- Internet connection. Without it, the availability of information would bomb.
- Books... That is what a library is for after all.
- The environment, it is a very relaxed environment unlike any I have seen before, it's a shame I can't really spend as much time in there any more.
- They have an excellent selection of resources. The collection appear small, but I have always been able to find materials which meet my needs.
- good staff.
- I think the most valuable thing that the QVCC library has to offer is the ability to print, and the many computers; especialy the Macs. I alos like the amount of space that the library offers for table space. I also like the warm atmosphere with all the plants and decorations such as lava lamps.
- A nice quiet place to come and study.
- I love being able to work on the Apple computers.
- The helpfulness of the librarians when being taught how to cite internet sources or use library databases
- The internet. The online databases for research is very helpful.
- Access to books and a goldmine of information.
- A wealth of information for conducting research papers
- Lots of digital resources.
- Caring staff.
- employees that understand how the systems work and understand the classes that the students are taking
- awesome librarians!
- online access from home
- The great staff!!!!
- Sanctuary! It's a well stocked place run by delightful people and furnished quite comfortably. What more could a student need?
- good atmosphere
wonderfully helpful and nice librarians
nice place to hang out
(sorry. that was three, wasn't it? I guess I can't count)
- resources and online databases
- The computers and the sitting areas.
- Helpful staff
- Excellent people working there, they help with everything, no excuse not to find what we need
- the help I get when I ask
- Computer usage and internet
- The books. It is pleasant to learn in this way rather than staring at a computer screen.
- Computers for my school work
- The staff and the enormous amount of information at our fingertips!
- The friendly staff
- Helpful knowledgeable staff
- the resorces used fro resurch
- Computers and resources to complete assignments in my extra time.
- Computers and librarian help with writing papers
- Internet access and services
- Competent, friendly, and helpful librarians!
- A paycheck?
- The staff who are always willing to help.
- Resources and friendly attitudes.
- QVCC Library Staff
- Inter library loan books and interesting conversations
- The QVCC Library is like a security blanket...I don't need it all the time, but I rest easier knowing that it's right there ready and waiting for me.
- You didn't ask above about checking out DVDs or movies. I find the Library media collection to be very good. I can find classic films and recent Oscar nominees and a whole lot in between.
- The fresh, always smiling, always helpful people in the library. They know almost everything about the college, and it is easy for students and faculty to get help.
- help with almost anything
- Top Quality People who work there.
- Helpfulness of staff.
- Books and periodicals
- Assistance to students.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- When in need ask the library staff. They are very helpful.
What's hard about doing research:
- Finding the time to actually do it
- Needing online journals and magazines, I do not always find what I need on those resources.
- No worries here.
- finding a topic
- Citing more online sources with no authors and really long domain names
- Due to my own ignorance, navigating the computer.
- avalibility of computers when classroom is being used
- Not sure, I've only done one research paper and had a lot of help in the library while doing it.
- the noise level and to many people bother you
- My fellow middle college students.
- remembering passwords
- some people are loud
- The limited number of books at the Willimantic campus.
- Finding the right sources.
- I have rarely had occasion to do research, but when I have it has been fairly easy to find what I need.
- Nothing comes to mind.
- being surrounded by friends and not being able to focus.
- Finding the right articles
- Finding the exact type of article.
- Small space
- What sources I should you use and why? What sources would give my paper validity compared to others.
- hmm, i would say not being educated enough on how to use a library or where to start, not because the library is inadequate, but lack of library knowledge on my part
- picking the keywords that will get me the info I need.
- I have a short attention span as it is and the noise level doesnt help much. Library staff especially have loud, penetrating voices. The library is also almost always too warm, its hard to stay awake while doing work
- Focusing, but that's a personal problem, not the library's.
- Getting off my butt and doing it.
- Doing it.
- Understanding where to find books within the stacks. I'm not sure what system the library uses to organize books, but I was not readily able to interpret it.
- finding resources and citing them.
- Limited print outs, no color printing, high noise level.
- Finding motivation to do it.
- noise level.
- Finding information that is useful
- getting credible sources that you can understand
- Weeding through all the stuff I don't need.
- Work Cited
- Finding content for more obscure issues.
- Time to research it.
- trying not to get distracted by other people around me. I prefer to resarch in solotude
- Being distracted by all that Red Sox stuff . . .
- The database searches have changed and I cannot find newspaper and magazine articles anymore. Clearly I need to stop in for a consultation because the current format is too frustrating to me.
- Being distracted by all the Red Sox stuff in Sharon's office. Why can't we have an equal opportunity library??
- The odd occasion when the only available computers are Macs. But that's only because I find Macs insufferable to work with.
- not getting distracted by facebook ;)
- the library can be noisy
- The noisy people. I get distracted and can't concentrate.
- Finding the right database that has the full text article you need
- finding my research online or in books
- It's hard to focus sometimes with all the people in the library
- Finding the articles
- Trying to put it all together.
- Not quiet enough
- Some students make the work place to noisy
- Sometimes it can be loud, but depends on the day and time of the semester.
- finding a time when the library isn't packed
- finding books
- The constantly changing topics.
- So many databases.
- Only my own motivation, about whichthere is little the library can do, I'm afraid.
- finding which sources i like best
- Keeping up with the technology improvements / resources that are new.
- Limited access to print resources (not something I expect to be solved).
- Finding time.
So how much do you like books:
| ||Too much||Bunches||Just Enough||Not Much||Not at All||What's Wrong with You?|