- There are almost 5,000 manufacturing companies in Connecticut 1
- In 2012, manufacturers contributed $2.03 trillion to the US economy2
- Manufacturing supports an estimated 17.4 million jobs in the US - about one in six private-sector jobs.3
- Earn your advanced manufacturing certificates in less than one year!
- Do you enjoy working with tools and computers?
- Are you curious about the way things work and are made?
- Do you have the ability to focus on precision and quality?
- Are you interested in learning advanced technologies with the latest software?
- Are you curious about manufacturing careers in the aerospace, biomedical, plastics and composites or metals sectors?
If you answered "yes", consider the Basic Manufacturing: Machine Technology Level 1 Certificate & Advance Manufacturing: Machine Technology Level 2 Certificates
Your first step is to Become a QVCC Student & apply to the college
1 U.S. Bureau of the Census: County Business Patterns
2 Bureau of Economic Analysis , Industry Economic Accounts (2012).
3 Bureau of Labor Statistics (2014), with estimate of total employment supported by manufacturing calculated by NAM using data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (2012).