Run for office for the 2015-2016 academic year!
If you are a full or part-time QVCC Student and have a GPA of 2.0 or higher, you are eligible to run for an executive position with the Student Government Association.
- SGA Representative to the QVCC Foundation
- Representative to the Student Advisory Committee of the Board of Regents/CONNSCU
- Member at large of Executive Committee
Participation in Willimantic Standing Committee
1. To develop a standing committee of the SGA that will provide a strong connection between the QVCC Danielson campus and the Willimantic Center.
2. Identify ways in which student activities can be coordinated between campuses to ensure that all students are being served.
3. To investigate transportation issues between the main campus and the Willimantic Center.
4. To strengthen relationships and communication between all students at QVCC.
5. A member of the Willimantic Standing committee shall be appointed as a member of the Executive Committee of the Student Government Association.
What is the SGA?
The Student Government Association is comprised of QVCC students who are committed to promoting and securing the well being and rights of all QVCC students.
Their purpose is to provide an effective means of communication between the students and other college constituencies; to provide leadership and coordination for a well-balanced co-curricular student activities enrichment program; to oversee the distribution and expenditure of the Student Activities account pursuant to established SGA, QVCC, and State regulations; and to act as a voice to inform the public about the needs of Community College students.
The SGA is operated under its Constitution/By-laws. The Constitution informs the SGA on how it is structured, how decisions are made, and how business is conducted.Instructions and campaign documents are below if you are interested in submitting a nomination.
- Campaign Information & Regulations
- SGA Info Sheet
- Officer Responsibilities
- Candidate Application
Candidate Essay Form