Dean's List Policy
Effective Fall 2013
Semester Honors Requirements:
- Full-time students who are matriculated in a certificate or degree program and who successfully complete 12 or more credits of work in a semester with a grade point average of 3.4 or higher shall be recognized by having their names placed on a Dean’s List.
- Part-time students who are matriculated in a certificate or degree program are also eligible for such recognition when they have completed 12 or more credits of work with a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or higher. They may be subsequently recognized at the completion of an additional 12 or more credits of work with a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or higher, and at successive intervals of 12 credits.
- A course Withdrawal or Incomplete shall make the student ineligible for Dean’s List recognition that semester. Upon completion of the Incomplete, the student may be recognized retroactively.
- Students who are in a probationary status are not eligible for Dean’s List recognition, even if their cumulative grade point average might otherwise make them eligible.
The revisions effecting part-time students:
1. require that part-time students must have completed 12 credits before being eligible for Dean’s List honors, making their minimum credit threshold equivalent to that for full-time students, and
2. prevent a student who is on probationary status eligible from being simultaneously placed on the Dean’s List
Access the full revision to the policy: CT BOR Minutes March 2013