The College Career Pathways Advantage:
- CCP provides an opportunity for career exploration
- Students receive free college credits in high school
- Students graduate from high school with a college transcript that can follow them to the college of their choice
- Students and parents save money on college tuition
- College Career Pathways focuses on math, science, communications, and career related skills necessary to become prepared for continued education and the competitive job market
- Students are prepared for highly skilled, high-paying jobs
Why College Career Pathways?
Because…College graduates earn 50% more than high school graduates
80% of the jobs in the 21st century will require at least a two year associate degree program.
QVCC College Pathways High Schools
• Griswold High School
• Killingly High School
• Parish Hill High School
• Plainfield High School
• Putnam High School
• Tourtellotte Memorial High School
• Woodstock Academy
• Windham High School
• Windham Technical High School
When can I start?
Apply to the program in your sophomore year and take the approved CCP courses in your junior and senior year
How do I enroll?
Applications are available from your high school guidance counselor.
Do I go to college for College Career Pathways courses?
All College Career Pathways courses are taught at the student’s high school by the high school teacher, during the regular school day.
What is the cost to the student?
College Career Pathways is a National Program which receives a Federal Grant, so the cost to students and parents is nothing. College Career Pathways is absolutely FREE.
Do I have to attend QVCC to earn the credits?
No. Upon successful completion of the program, a student may matriculate to QVCC or request that an official transcript be sent to another college. Acceptance of the credits is determined by each institution.
For more information contact your guidance counselor or Nora Butts, coordinator of College Career Pathways at QVCC.